As per Precedence Research analysis, the global fiber optics market is set to surge at a high CAGR of 4.6% over the next seven years, expanding US$ 9.91 Billion in value over the same period of time. The report provides the overall revenue of the global fiber optics market from 2016 to 2027, considering 2020 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year.
Optical fibers are transparent flexible cables made up of high-grade plastic, glass, and silica that follow total internal reflection theory for transmitting information from one place to another. Intensive research & development in the fiber optics has extended its application area in medical, oil & gas, military & defense, utilities, and other industry sectors. This technology has proved as a boon for above mentioned applications owing to its ease of data transfer without any losses.
We customize your report according to your research need. REQUEST CUSTOMIZED COPY OF REPORT (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, and Chart) @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/customization/1028
Rising penetration of internet for supporting the growth of connected devices drives the demand for fiber optics prominently. Fiber optics is the backbone of internet, as they are used for transmitting information from one end to another. As per the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), 51.2% of the world’s population was using internet in the year 2018 and the projected rise in the number of internet users in 2018 was nearly 45%. In addition, IEA (International Energy Agency) has predicted that the number of internet users will surpass 5 Bn by 2025. Prominent growth in Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud-based services are the prime factors that proliferates the growth of internet users across the globe.
Besides this, increasing application of wireless devices and communication system may hinder the market growth. Low cost of installation along with non-interference of different frequencies propels the demand for wireless communication system across the world. Nonetheless, rising investment in the broadband network infrastructure FTTx anticipated to offer lucrative growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asia Pacific is the most promising region in the global fiber optics market with maximum revenue share in 2019 along with inclined growth during the forecast period. The supreme growth of the region is mainly due to significant investment on the development of network infrastructure. China, India, and Japan are some of the countries that invest significantly on the infrastructure development.
- Multimode segment dominated the global fiber optics market in 2019 and expected to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period. However, plastic optic fiber expected to offer the highest growth rate in the coming years owing to its cost-saving property and dynamic applications.
- By application, telecommunication sector led the global fiber optics market in 2019 and projected to offer attractive growth opportunity in the near future. Significant investment on the deployment of broadband network architecture such as FTTx that includes FTTP, FTTH, FTTB, FTTC, and FTTN has prominently driven the market.
- On the other hand, military & defense along with medical application sectors offer the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to prominent deployment and investment for the fiber optical devices in the sector.
In 2019, the Asia Pacific led the global fiber optics market with the largest revenue share and expected to forecast lucrative growth aspects by retaining its leading market position. Strong investment in network infrastructure development is prime factor behind the significant growth of the region. China was the largest contributor to the Asia Pacific fiber optics market in the year 2019.
However, India and other developing nations register high growth rate among the other Asian countries due to rapid penetration of IoT and smart devices. IoT market in India is poised to reach US$ 15 billion by the year 2020, accounting for nearly 5% of the global market. The country provides tremendous opportunity for the startups and investors to show their keen interest in the emerging market of IoT. The cumulative investment is predicted to be around US$ 60 million between years 2014 and 2016. In the similar fashion, Rest of Asia Pacific also offers significant opportunity for the fiber optics market over the forecast period. The prime reason behind the significant growth are increasing investment in embedded computing, lifestyle/wearables, connected homes, industrial internet, and many more segments.
Browse More Report:
- Behavioral Health Market Trending Technologies with 5.02% of CAGR by 2027
- Nitrile Gloves Market Value to Reach US$ 9.41 Billion, Globally, by 2027
- Digital Health Market Trending Technologies with 16.5% of CAGR by 2027
- Automotive Aftermarket to See Record Break Revenue $ 950.09 Billion By 2027
Key Players & Strategies
The global fiber optics market offers lucrative growth prospects for the market players owing changing trend and introduction of new technologies create new requirements for advanced fiber optic cables and other communication modes. Fiber optic manufacturers increasingly focus on product development and their regional expansion. For instance, in March 2018, Corning Inc. launched Corning TXF Optical Fiber that enable high-speed transmission of data over longer span for improved network flexibility along with low cost of the network.
Some of the prominent players in the fiber optics market include:
- Optical Cable Corporation (OCC)
- Corning Incorporated
- OFS Fitel, LLC
- Sterlite Technologies Limited
- Prysmian Group
- Finolex Cables Limited
- Birla Furukawa Fiber Optics Limited
- Yangtze Optical Fiber and Cable Co., Ltd. (YOFC)
Segments Covered in the Report
This report analyses and projects market revenue and growth trend at global, regional, and country levels and offers an analysis of the modern industry developments in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2027. This report classifies global fiber optics market on the basis of product type, application, and region:
By Product Type
- Single Mode
- Plastic Optical Fiber
- Military & Aerospace
- Weapon System
- Secure Communication
- Surveillance System
- Optical Computing
- Military Vehicle Sensing
- Oil & Gas
- High Bandwidth Communications
- Material Sensing
- Speed Monitoring
- Railway Maintenance
- Dynamic Load Calculation
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Biomedical Sensing
By Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
Thanks for reading you can also get individual chapter-wise sections or region-wise report versions such as North America, Europe, or the Asia Pacific.
Why Buy this Report?
The purpose of Precedence Research’s fiber optics market study is to provide stakeholders with a detailed picture of potential barriers and untapped opportunities. The report contains exclusive information to assist businesses in making informed decisions about how to maintain growth throughout the assessment period.
Buy Full Research Report (Single User License US$ 4500) @ https://www.precedenceresearch.com/checkout/1028
Precedence Research is a worldwide market research and consulting organization. We give unmatched nature of offering to our customers present all around the globe across industry verticals. Precedence Research has expertise in giving deep-dive market insight along with market intelligence to our customers spread crosswise over various undertakings. We are obliged to serve our different client base present over the enterprises of medicinal services, healthcare, innovation, next-gen technologies, semi-conductors, chemicals, automotive, and aerospace & defense, among different ventures present globally.
Call: +1 9197 992 333