The global antiviral drugs market size is expected to be worth around US$ 60.0 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Vision Research Reports.
The global antiviral drugs market size was valued at US$ 63.8 billion in 2020 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of -0.5% during forecast period 2021 to 2030.
Get Sample Copy of This Report (Including TOC, List of Tables & Figures, and Chart)@ https://www.visionresearchreports.com/report/sample/38600
Antiviral Drugs Market (By Drug Class: DNA Polymerase Inhibitors, Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors, Protease Inhibitors, Neuraminidase Inhibitors, Others; By Type: Branded, Generics; By Application: HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes, Influenza, Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Revenue, Regional Outlook 2021 – 2030
|Market Size||USD 60.0 billion by 2030|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of -0.5% From 2021 to 2030|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2030|
|Segments Covered||Drug class, Type, Application|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Companies Mentioned||Gilead Sciences, Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline plc.; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.; AbbVie Inc.; Merck & Co., Inc.; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Cipla Inc.; Aurobindo Pharma; Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.|
This is owing to the loss of patent protection of drugs and the high R&D investment required for developing antiviral drugs. However, the rising prevalence of viral infections and the presence of a potential pipeline for the treatment of HIV infection are expected to fuel the growth over the forecast period.
The increasing prevalence of influenza with other complications such as viral pneumonia, obesity, and the rising geriatric population drives the market growth. Moreover, pneumonia is one of the major causes of death in children worldwide. According to the WHO, Pneumonia causes 808,694 children’s deaths in 2017, accounting for 15.0% of all deaths of children under 5 years old. It is most prevalent in South Asia and the sub-Saharan African region.
The reverse transcriptase inhibitors segment dominated the market for antiviral drugs and accounted for the largest revenue share of 51.0% in 2020. The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the forecast period.
The high share of reverse transcriptase inhibitors can be attributed to the increasing diagnosis and treatment rate of HIV, as these medicines are mainly used to treat HIV infection and the high effectiveness of these drugs against viral infections. The protease inhibitors segment held the second-largest revenue share in 2020 and is anticipated to witness a CAGR of -1.5% over the forecast period.
The branded segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 59.2% in 2020. The segment is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Branded antiviral medicines such as Biktarvy, Genvoya, Triumeq, Mavyret, and Prezista hold a significant share of the market. Increasing demand for the generic version of antiviral drugs in developing countries due to its cost-effectiveness is driving the generics segment.
The HIV segment dominated the market and held the largest revenue share of 46.1% in 2020. The segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. The high prevalence of HIV infection coupled with a high treatment rate, presence of branded drugs, and government initiatives to increase the treatment rate is estimated to drive the market at a higher growth rate.
North America dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. The region is expected to witness a CAGR of -1.9% over the forecast period. The market decline can be attributed to the loss of market exclusivity of branded drugs, increasing vaccination rate against viral infections, and government initiatives to reduce the incidence of viral infections.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Cipla Inc.
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Drug Class
- DNA Polymerase Inhibitors
- Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Protease Inhibitors
- Neuraminidase Inhibitors
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- North America
The study objectives of this report are:
- To analyze and study the global market capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2017-2020) and forecast (2021-2030);
- Focuses on the key manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
- To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
- To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Buy This Premium Research Report, click here@ https://www.visionresearchreports.com/report/cart/38600 or call: +1 9197 992 333